Monday, December 22, 2008

Leads 101

Do You Have a Dream?


You must read this, "Blades of Grass"
by Thomas Prendergast

Hello (Prospect's Name),

A long time ago in a time far and far away….OK, I know this is a smarmy way to start, but it is apropos. You see back when I was a kid about 8 years old I talked some of my friends Mike Luna and Patty ( I forget her last name, sorry Patty), into a scheme with me. I got them to measure my backyard with my Dad's tape measure. Then we three each measured with string 1-inch squares over the grass. I got this idea from archeology digs in National Geographic. After the three of us counted the grass in each of our respective squares I added the sum of the count and divided that by three so I got the average blade count. OK, so now you are wondering where I am going with this right? Keep reading….

After measuring the size of the back yard and determining the square footage I multiplied that by 144 to get the square inches. Then I multiplied that by the average blade count so I could figure about how many blades of grass where in that back yard. The number was astronomical. Of course my friends were very curious as to why I wanted to do this.

So as we laid under a tree on that hot summer day, my eyes all dreamy thinking about the future, I started to share with my friends a dream I was having. "You see", I started, "all those blades of grass represent people with money. If I could just figure out a way to get each one of those people to pay us $1 per month for a long time we would become the richest people on earth. And the best part is, no one would mind spending such little amount because they would hardly miss it". So we sat there for hours racking our brains how we could reach that many people and convince them to pay us $1 a month. Then we talked about what in the world we could sell each of those people every month to get them to pay for it. We eventually went on with heading out to the beach and going surfing. That day faded away as my childhood slowing passed into adolescence then adulthood. However, the idea of making money without having to work a job was always at the forefront of my thoughts my whole life. I never liked the idea of working for someone else. A job just wasn't something I ever wanted.

OK now fast forward to 1992! I had heard of the Internet now for several years. I wasn't on it, I was in AOL. I was making good money selling Adobe software on AOL's classified sites. I had a deal from Adobe back then. I had connections, (That is another story) with Adobe from my advertising days in San Francisco back in the 80s. Anyway…. I was able to buy Adobe Illustrator for Macintosh from Adobe in huge quantities for $25 per box because I had a beta relationship with Adobe. I would then sell them for $200-$300 per box on those classifieds and sell they did, by the truckload. I made a boatload of money. But this is not exactly what I had in mind. I knew there was a better way to make money. Then something wonderful happened…..

I got an email from a company that sent email out for customers from Cyberpromo (Owned by the soon to become infamous Sanford Wallace). This practice would latter become known as spam. The spam I received was promoting an Internet Service Provider with flat rate access to the Internet. At this time AOL cost $2.95 an hour. I wanted to see what the real Internet looked like so I signed up. After signing up I discovered that the ISP, know as Powernet, was a commissioned-based Multi Level distributorship. I realized that by promoting this service I could get a monthly check from potentially thousands of subscribers. When I got my first check for $20, I was hooked.

Oh my, that old idea from when I was 8 years old was reborn! Eureka, here was my chance to make that old dream come true. I unleashed a massive campaign that eventually built a huge organization that started paying me more money then I could imagine with the potential to just expand into an astronomical check every month. I kept a copy of that downline and when the company went out of business I bought the domain as well. Here is the last copy I saved from my downline report. http://pwrnet.com/graphx/dline.htm.

OK so the company failed. The problem was they couldn't keep up with the growth from my organization and instead of dealing with issues of growth just closed up shop and took off. Bummer!

But I have never forgotten that vision and have successfully built other organizations since then. It is my burning desire to keep this dream alive but even more than that dream, to make this a reality for the millions of people out there that share this dream. You know who you are. You hate the idea of a job. You feel you have a higher calling. You want your life back. You hate your alarm clock. Your kids are growing up and you aren't there to watch. The reasons are many.

I have yet to hit the motherload that the grass represented, but I will. And when I do I plan on bringing a multitude of like-minded individuals with me. Want to join my distributors and me on this quest? You owe it to yourself to get involved with us. It doesn't cost anything to join us. To find out more go to our site at: http://veretekk.money-machine.net/leads101/.

To join us go to my website and sign up, it's free.
http://leads101.veretekk.com

Sincerely,

Raymond
7023602060
leads101@veretekk.com


 
 

No comments: