Monday, September 29, 2008

Internet Success

The Road to Internet Success

In this article, I am going to tell people that marketing on Google and the other major search engines is not an easy task to accomplish. I know that you have read the multitude of websites that make all sorts of claims about people getting rich very fast and effortlessly on the Internet, but I for one, will never make that type of bold statement. The stats speak for themselves in this area. Most people never make any money online and there is a very good reason for that.

Marketing on the Internet is demanding and takes a will of iron to stay the course to some type of success. This road to Internet success is laden with all types of obstructions and only the strong can survive the constant deluge of get rich quick schemes and scams. Years ago, I chose my path of search engine optimization over affiliate marketing for a very good reason. I knew that becoming my own program on Google was my answer to success. I do not trust my money to others in these so called big network marketing businesses. I learned the hard way that most affiliate marketing programs are designed to do one thing, and one thing only, and that is to make the owners of those businesses large amounts of money. These people are masters at getting other people to market their business, without paying one dime in advertising costs.

My passion, and my trade called search engine optimization, is a simple, yet very complicated routine of writing, building effective webpages, posting blog articles. This process is called building backlinks. I will have to say that after training many people in SEO, very few will have the "sticktoittiveness" to stay with that process consistently. They will become frustrated very quickly, and move right on to the next big pre-launch extravaganza that will hit Google today. They will drop everything that they are currently working on and go full bore into the next big deal.

I wonder if these people are able to view Internet marketing just like having a real business offline? How long does it really take to build an offline business? In all honesty, you never get through building a successful business. I have read the statistics on this type of business model, and almost all small businesses will fail within the first year. They simply cannot survive because of economic trends, poor locations and a myriad of other reasons for having no success. In this way, offline and online businesses are alike. After all, not having any position or location on Google for websites, is having a very poor business front to work from. In other words, if you have no customers looking at your product or service, then how many sales will you big Internet business make?

I can answer that question conclusively. You will make no sales, if no one sees your information. This is precisely where search engine optimization comes into full play. A person who knows how to place information where others will read it, is essential in marketing successfully online. This is an area where almost everyone is in total darkness as how to approach.

There are SEO companies that also make all types of claims concerning their prestigious SEO services, but in all actuality, most of these companies either use Google pay-per-click advertising to reach these top positions, or they use automated services. Anyone thinking of hiring an SEO company should be well schooled in asking the tough questions about what they will be paying for.

I will remain being the writer of relevant and insightful articles both for my own business, and for others as well. It is my destiny to build my SEO business credibly and reliably on the uncertain information highway known as the Internet. Its important to remember that most of the information that you find on Google is misinformation to a large degree. Its up to you to validate and discern their credibility and reliability before you spend your hard earned dollars and cents.

Butch Hamilton-SEO Master-Ezine Article Publisher-Ghostwriter

No comments: