Saturday, November 29, 2008

How to Choose a Domain Name

Since SEO (search engine optimization) is both my job, and my passion, I am always viewing different websites for organizations and home business owners. A few people are relatively savvy when it comes to buying a proper domain to represent their storefront on Google, but by and large, most domains purchased fall short of the intended goal of getting a top position on Google.

In this article, I will attempt to unlock some of the mystery to this process of choosing a domain name that will both give you traffic to your site, and let others know that you are the real deal when it comes to marketing online.

The first step that I take is visualization. Now this make seem somewhat obscure to you, but in fact, I always visualize exactly what I wish to accomplish, what keyword category on Google that I wish to approach. I call this step Visualization Marketing. I have been using this powerful system for years in marketing online, and I can tell you for a fact, that visualizing what you wish to accomplish, then setting about that path to create the success you desire, is the beginning. You may wish to read more about visualization marketing here:
http://sites.google.com/site/visualizationmarketing/

Once you have visualized what your objectives are, then it will be necessary to have access to a good keyword selector tool. Here is a site I built to explain how I use WordTracker:
http://keywordselectortools.net You will need to do some keyword research before you do anything else. By the way, this is not a quick process at all. It will take time to use the paid version of WordTracker to the maximum benefit.

You will simply plug into WordTracker, what you think is a keyword that signfies your business, or opportunity, and then see what that software program says about it. If there is traffic, or visitors, regularly to that keyword or keyword phrase, then you are set to buy a domain.

I suggest buying your domains as carefully as you choose your keywords. Your domain name is vital to the success of your online presence on Google. Never let your pocketbook do the talking here. Let your business sense be your guide. Domains-Free-Hosting.com is the place that I highly recommend to purchase your domains from:
http://domains-free-hosting.com I will tell you exactly why this is the case.

Since SEO is my passion, I also own my own domain and hosting company. I have fully configured my storefront, to appeal to the professional online marketer. I give great value with prices starting at only $8.95 per year. But wait, it gets much better than that. For that low price on .COMS, this includes a free 5-page website hosting account as well. Now, you can create your own template, or choose from the hundreds of pre-built templates, to get your information up and running quickly and efficiently.

You will also be given, for that low price of just $8.95, a free POP3 email account. If you are currently using a web based email, like Gmail, Yahoo, Comcast, AOL and others, you must take note that people know that you are not that savvy about marketing, if you use these services for marketing. Its essential to have a domain email for functionality and business presence.

I will be writing more articles concering choosing domains and domain names. As a matter of fact, I have a newsletter already published, where you can gain more information about this process. Find the proper newsletter at this domain address:
http://newsletters.butchhamilton.com
 
 

 
Butch Hamilton-SEO Master-IGSDT
1-806-874-3314
http://igsdt.com/

No comments: